Tuesday, October 27, 2015

quiet on the homefront

Ahoy,

There hasn't been much happening lately. A and I went to an Ocktoberfest thinger at the Alpine Village in Torrance. It was not what we expected. There was a stage with some singers and stein holding competitions. It was amusing. There was not nearly as much beer as I thought, or food. The highlight was probably getting vehicular gummies at the German grocery store. They were delicious.

A got a motorcycle. We made a trip to the store to pick up security implementation and I'm pretty sure at some point in that visit he had one of everything in his hand. Security is no joke when it comes to his new girlfriend.

We went to a ballet at my request. A said he liked it more than he thought he would. Isn't that always the case with things I pick to do.

We made another trip to ikea at some point. It's always a challenge because we have limited space in his auto, so I end up riding home with a lot of stuff in my lap. It's a precarious journey.

I've lately added some broccoli and cauliflower to my garden, and it's been quite the struggle keeping the hornworms from eating all of it. This is a long war, and probably unending. I must remain vigilant.

I really miss weather. It's been so hot all summer. I'm so sick of it. I'm ready to feel the bite of a chilly day. I remember stepping into the shower in Chicago winters and having my limbs stinging for a while under the warm water because they were cold before I entered. I kind of miss that sensation. Of feeling the warmth and comfort of a hot shower, getting into cozy pajamas, and tucking into a cozy bed I had to wiggle around in to warm up. I am so over this feeling of having to constantly peel off the layers, and being sticky from sunscreen and sweat. Over it!

delectably munched,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment