Tuesday, June 23, 2015

summer is here

Ahoy,

I went to Chicago for my brother's graduation and his birthday. I brought a friend and gave her a tour. She speaks Mandarin so I knew she would get along with my mom. We arrived super duper delayed on a Thursday evening/ Friday morning. It was kind of not my favorite time flying. It was warm and humid in Chicago, if a little chillier than that time of year.

The following day I took my tourist friend wandering downtown. We walked a lot. She was mega-pooped at the end of the day. We hit up Chicago Cultural Center, Millennium Park, Maggie Daley Park, Daley Plaza, Chicago French Market, a Rick Bayless place, a Stephanie Izard place. And I feel like there was more. Maggie Daley Park is so fun, I highly recommend, and there is no age limit on the playground! I made the call to go home to bother my brother because he didn't want to come out with us. Per usual. Weather was blustery and overcast this day, uncharacteristic for the time of year.


The following day I had to drag A out of bed to get us to K's graduation. It was pretty short compared to A's that would take place the following Saturday. Afterwards, we went home for lunch and made it back out. Farther north was the grand opening of the Bloomingdale Trail. I had been anticipating this project for a while, so I was super duper excited. We walked the whole length of it twice that day. I love Chicago in the summer. For dinner I was happy to finally make it to the Publican. Weather was absolutely PERFECT this day. Sunny and warm, if a little cool for June.

The following day started off a little cool and rainy. But quickly warmed up to HOT and humid. Luckily we spent the day in the gym. We introduced Maxwell's to the foreigners. It was a hot, so was the Italian ice. In honor of K's birthday, everybody gathered for pizza at a local favorite. K's gf initiated it and I think it went well. I know K definitely scored with some giftcards.

Per K's request we spent the next day cleaning out the garage a little. We sneakily brought a lot of things to the donation bin at our local thrift store. We knew we had to get it out before our mom came home to catch us. Also, we began work on our Batman mural.

hurriedly athunder,
jt






No comments:

Post a Comment