Tuesday, November 11, 2014

fairly uneventful

Ahoy,

October was fairly uneventful because the RRS was back to school, thus putting him on a strict no-fun policy. We managed to get in a few stops despite the obstacles.


We got to the JPL open house this year. I had heard about it before, but he had never really asked me to go so I made the grand gesture of suggesting we feed his nerdy impulses with some other rocket scientists. He had a great time reading every informational placard. I browsed/skimmed through everything because I literally did not understand anything. Rocket science is on such a whole 'nother level of nerd-dom I had never comprehended. I did get away with a bunch of stickers. I'm a sucker for stickers.

I embarked on the red line ghost tour put on by GHOULA. It was super-duper fascinating. This guy just goes through life collecting ghost stories and they are so great. It was just enough spooky for me, and a lot of historical. History class would probably be a lot more tolerable if it had some of these stories. The tour was on a Sunday evening, which reminded fondly of riding the NYC subway on weekends when there were construction delays or track changes. It is so much less grand than it sounds.

It's been a month of floundering as we try to adjust to a schedule  that now includes class for A at inconvenient times twice a week. I'm also dying for fall. What I wouldn't give for colorful, fiery leaves to fall at my doorstep. I dream wistfully of days long ago when seasons were part of my life. What have I done to be relegated to endless sunny days of temperate mercurial digits? I will go out of my way to step on crunchy things on the ground, even if they aren't leaves.

climatically pleading,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment