Saturday, December 8, 2012

Black Friday goodies

Ahoy,

I give to you my one and only item for my Black Friday haul. I suppose you can't really say Black Friday, more like post-Thanksgiving. On a typical Tuesday night, I convinced the resident rocket scientist to take me to Target. I had absolutely no intention of coming home with a beauteous specimen such as this fine 13 pounds of poultry. For less than $10! Forget the commotion of a Thanksgiving turkey, just wait for the post-holiday calm of a clearance turkey.  On a whim, I decided this was the year I wanted to cook my first turkey. In a style befitting of only my intentions, I decided this was the year I would spatchcock a turkey. 

I sent my prayers to the poultry gods that this would not be a disaster. Many points in this endeavor, I thought to myself the ridiculousness of my mission. And so, a week after Thanksgiving, I baked my first turkey a la spatchcock for myself and the resident rocket scientist. How happy I was that he convinced his friend down the street to join us.
This year, I am thankful for all the people in my life 
that put up with my debauchery and all my hijinks.

goldenly spatchcocked,
jt

No comments:

Post a Comment